Report a Complaint


English | 中文  | Español | Filipino

The City Attorney’s Office is committed to protecting members of the public. We investigate and prosecute businesses that deceive or defraud consumers, and property owners that maintain properties in substandard conditions or violate housing codes or affordable housing laws.

If you would like to report a complaint about a business or a property owner, whether the issue affects you or others in the community, please complete the following form.

Our office will review the information you provide and may seek additional information from you.  Please note, however, that we are not authorized to represent you as your lawyer or provide you with legal advice.  Any actions we take are on behalf of the community as a whole.

If you are unable to complete this form, please call the City Attorney’s Office complaint hotline at 415-554-3977 to leave us a message.

If you are filing a claim against the City, please follow these instructions.

* Indicates a required field. Enter "N/A" if you do not know.