Home 〉About Us
Welcome from City Attorney David Chiu
San Francisco has long been at the national forefront of efforts to advance civil rights, protect consumers, and ensure social justice. I’m proud to lead an award-winning public law office whose dedicated and incredibly talented employees work hard every day to carry that tradition forward. On behalf of all of us City Attorney’s Office, I welcome you to our website. We hope it serves as a helpful and informative resource, and makes the work we do more accessible to the people we serve. Thanks for visiting!
About the Office
- Learn more about the San Francisco City Attorney’s Office, and why American Lawyer magazine hailed our team as “one of the most aggressive and talented city law departments in the nation.”
About the City Attorney
- Learn about City Attorney David Chiu with his official biography, and links to profiles by major publications.
- Our Law School Internship Program draws applicants from throughout the nation, and offers students an opportunity to learn about working for an award-winning municipal law office in an amazing city.
- Find out about employment opportunities in the City Attorney’s Office, and where to submit your resume and cover letter (which we gladly accept for future reference, even when there are no current openings).
Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- The City Attorney’s Office posts requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for qualifications (RFQs) when seeking to engage the services of outside contractors for a variety of services the office requires.
- We invite San Francisco residents and taxpayers to provide input on our office’s Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget. Please email us your input at: email@example.com.