Who We Are
The City Attorney is the municipal lawyer for the City and County of San Francisco.
In general, our office:
- represents the City and County in all civil legal proceedings;
- provides consistent, independent, and objective legal guidance and problem-solving to City and County departments, boards, commissions, and elected officials such as the Mayor and Board of Supervisors;
- drafts and approves as to form legislation, bonds, contracts, and real estate transitions and development documents;
- conducts public integrity investigations to root out conflicts of interest and corruption in City and County services and spending;
- investigates, evaluates, and recommends disposition of all claims made against the City and County;
- makes recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding the settlement or dismissal of legal proceedings; and
- actively investigates and sues to protect and advance the rights of San Francisco residents, workers, and communities, focusing on civil rights, climate change, consumer protection, housing and homelessness, and workers’ rights.
We invite San Francisco residents and taxpayers to provide input on our office’s Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget. Find materials related to the office’s budget here. Please email us your input at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our office will hold a virtual public meeting on February 13, 2023 at 9 a.m. to get input on our budget. To join the meeting, please use the following link. Click here to join the meeting.
Join by the webinar number:
Access code: 2487 182 1782
Password: waVcTynK252 (92828965 from phones)
Join by phone:
+1-415-655-0001 United States Toll 1
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
We will accept public comment at the end of the meeting. To make public comment, press *3 to raise your hand. Once you have raised your hand, please wait to speak until the host calls on you. Press *6 to mute or unmute yourself.
If you no longer want to ask a question, or the host has already called on you, then press *3 to lower your hand. You will hear a message, “You have lowered your hand.”