Who We Are
The City Attorney is the municipal lawyer for the City and County of San Francisco.
In general, our office:
- represents the City and County in all legal proceedings
- provides legal guidance to any elected official, officer, department head, board, and commission or other unit of local government
- makes recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding the settlement or dismissal of legal proceedings
- examines and approves title to all property to be acquired by the City and County
- investigates, evaluates and recommends disposition of all claims made against the City and County
- protects consumers by pursuing allegations of unfair and unlawful competition civilly on behalf of the People of the State of California
We invite San Francisco residents and taxpayers to provide input on our office’s Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget. Find materials related to the office’s budget here. Please email us your input at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office will be holding a virtual public meeting on February 14, 2022 at 9 a.m. to get input on our budget. To join the meeting, please utilize the following link and enter the hearing at least 5 minutes prior to the 9 a.m. start time. Click here to join the meeting.
Join by phone:
+1-415-655-0001 United States
Access code: 2481 374 0519
Once the meeting starts, if you have a question, press *3 to raise your hand. Once you have raised your hand, you will hear the prompt, “You have raised your hand to ask a question. Please wait to speak until the host calls on you.”
If you no longer want to ask a question, or the host has already called on you, then press *3 to lower your hand. You will hear a message, “You have lowered your hand.”