San Francisco is currently under a Public Health Order requiring people to stay home except for essential needs and services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs for San Francisco’s Stay Safe Stay Home Order (updated April 20, 2021)
Filing a Claim
- Roles of the Board of Supervisors, Department of Public Health, Director of Public Health, Health Commission, and County Health Officer (May 20, 2020)
- City Power to Commandeer Private Property for COVID-19 Emergency Purposes (April 13, 2020) (May 20, 2020)
- Updated Advice Regarding Meetings of Policy Bodies During COVID-19 (please note that this memo updates and replaces a previous memo on the same topic) (April 10, 2020)
- Temporary Modifications to Public Records Laws During COVID-19 Local Emergency (March 30, 2020)
- Authority of the Mayor, Board of Supervisors, and Health Officer in an Emergency (March 25, 2020)
- Meetings of Policy Bodies During Local COVID-19 Emergency (March 24, 2020)
The City has created a public-private partnership structured as a win-win-win. It is a way to responsibly address the COVID-19 outbreak, provide participating civic-minded hotels with a revenue stream in excess of what the private market can offer during this time, and ensure work and wages to the City’s hotel labor force to the maximum extent possible.
Forms for hotel operators: